Monday, December 28, 2020

Patriotic Carpenter Star Quilt

I didn't get as many quilts done this year as I originally had planned.  I'm not sure why; I did have a lot of time at home. (!)  There's still a few more days left and I might finish a couple more before the year ends.  

This year I wanted to make a patriotic quilt for my to be son-in-law.  He likes patriotic things and I thought the Carpenter Star would make a nice quilt for him.  

I started it about a month ago, hoping to get it done by Christmas.  I'm actually surprised that I did, but nothing else got made for gifts this December.  I didn't tell my daughter that I was making it just in case it didn't get finished.


I started by dividing the pattern into 4 quarters and made each quarter separately.  That seemed to work well because the quilt is fairly large.  It's only supposed to be a throw, but I think it came out larger than that.  I made each square 7", so 7 x 12=  approx 84" square. 

 It was bigger than I could work on with my sewing machine, so I had to use my longarm to quilt it.  

Here's a pic of Ginger helping me pin the pieces together.  She said that it was very comfy and gave her approval.  I hope that the recipient likes it as much as Ginger does!  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment