Sunday, December 13, 2020

Gnome Ornaments for the Holidays


 You see them in all the stores.  These cute little gnome figures seem to be the trend for this year's holiday decorating.  So of course I just had to make some!

This year I decided to decorate my home with soft colors other than the usual red and green.  I found some cute gnomes in the stores and I'm using them for my Christmas decor this year.  They are muted colors and so I decided to go along with that scheme.

I looked a couple of patterns online and then decided to make my own pattern.  I love to make things from old sweaters and I pulled out a few from my stash (4 bins worth) and started sewing.  Their little bodies are pretty much a Letter "U" sewn and stuffed.  Then I added the beards made from some fake fur that I had.  I found that it works better if you sew the top of the beard before cutting them out to keep them from fraying.

I stitched the hem and the sides of a triangle to form the hats and then glued all the pieces together.  Then I added the nose and the pom pom.  Each one is a little bit different and somehow they seem to have their own personality.


These four look like they're singing in a old-fashioned quartet.  LOL

They look really sweet on my tree and go right along with this year's theme.  
 
What do you think of the gnome theme this year?  Maybe there's just a little bit of mystery behind their folklore that makes them appealing.  These little gnomes found their way into my home.  And into my heart.  





No comments:

Post a Comment