Saturday, December 5, 2020

In the Pines

Although I have a lot of "tree" stamps in my collection, I have to say that I love the trees from In the Pines.  They just seem so realistic to me.  I made these two cards using the set and got the ideas from Narelle Farrugia.  

I love the contrast of the Tranquil Tide mixed with the white card.  I stamped the trees in black and then added some different greens to the forest.  I found some ruched ribbon in Tranquil Tide and like how that looks on the card, too.  I added in a bit of Pear Pizazz to bring in another color.  And the honeycomb embossing folder adds a nice touch to the background.

For this card, also from Narelle, I added a small hill in Pear Pizazz.  I used the Thinking of You stamp because I don't this set needs to be defined as only being used for Christmas cards.  The background uses the Evergreen Forest embossing folder.  

The cards have a peaceful look to them, like you are taking a walk in the woods during winter.  These cards would look cute with a little deer added to them.  Maybe for next time...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment