Saturday, December 5, 2020

Welcome to Poinsettia Place

Over the years Stampin Up has had several Poinsettia stamp sets in the holiday catalogs.  But this year the Set, Poinsettia Petals is so amazing!  After seeing so many beautiful samples on Pinterest, I knew that I had to get it for my own holiday crafting.  :)

This pretty gold card is made using gold embossing powder with gold accents leaves.  I also added the Plush Poinsettia velvet flocked paper!  I added Misty Moonlight cardstock for the background, but you could put any color background cardstock on this card and it would be beautiful!  I got the idea from Jan Clothier.

Another beautiful card that I made to coordinate with the previous one is this fairly easy gold embossed card.  It features the In the Pines cut outs and the Evergreen Forest embossing folder.  I added a strip of the metallic cardstock to the front of the card and ran them both through the folder.  Then I added the front to some thick white cardstock for a white-on-white look to the card.  I embossed the saying from For Unto Us stamp set and cut it out with the stitched circle framelits.  Add some bling and welllah!  A beautiful card.  From Kerry McDonough.


Seemingly every time I take the camera out to photograph my cards, my kitty Ginger wants in on the action.  Here she is posing along with the two cards.  Actually, she was trying to eat the gold tree, but let's not talk about that.  :)

I made this card using the Poinsettia Petals.  This time I stamped the flower petals in Basic Brown and in Olive Green for the leaves.  I added some gold metallic sprigs to bring out the gold highlights in the papers.  I embossed the saying with gold powders.  You can also see the inside of the card.  This idea came from Christy Fulk.

Lastly I wanted to stamp the petals onto vellum cardstock for a more muted look to the poinsettia.  I colored them on the back side with Sweet Sugarplum ink and used the same color for the card base.  I got the idea from Mary Brown.

Altogether I loves the "golden" look of these poinsettia cards.  And today I found out that this set will be available past January.  I just might try using it in additional colors.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment