Monday, July 18, 2022

Let's Set Sail

It's been a beautiful summer this year in upstate NY.  We've had lots of really nice days and weekends without rain.  And it makes me want to go to the Beach.  

For my cards today, I used the Let's Set Sail stamp set and punch.  I bought this set when I first saw it in the last mini catalog and I'm glad that it stayed around long enough to be in the regular catalog.  It's a really cute set that makes fun and easy cards!


To make the sailboat for these cards, I colored onto a piece of the Vellum Layering Designs paper using 3 colors of Stampin blends.  I left some white space, too, to give it more visual interest.  Them I punched out the vellum using the punch.  I also punched out the pieces with white cardstock and glued the vellum onto it to make it more stronger.  Don't you love the collage feel of the boat?  

The first card came out very "blue" so I switched out the background paper from Balmy Blue to Coastal Cabana to add some more color to the card.  For the third card, I punched out the vellum backwards, letting the boat sail in the opposite direction.  Pretty cool, huh?

I enjoyed making these sailboat cards.  Next time I'd like to try adding some reds to the sails to bring in more color.  I got the idea for this card from Cindybdesigns.  

For this next card, I stamped the ocean stamp for the both the sky and the ocean.  I cut out the circle and framed it with a Misty Moonlight scallop.  The Crumb Cake strips are run through the Painted Texture embossing folder to give them a crinkled look.  I used the Timber folder for the white background and added some punched clouds that I sponged with some Balmy Blue ink. The cloud punch is from years ago.  

I used white embossing powders for the saying and cut out the pieces.  What a great card!  I got the idea for this from Mikeala Titheridge.  

I love how cohesive the colors are on the cards.  It reminds me of the sand and the water at the lake.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment