Monday, July 18, 2022

Spending Time with Friends is Time Well Spent

Each year for my birthday, I try to think of a new place that my friends and I can go for the day.  This year we went to Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown.  Then we took a ride on the Glimmerglass Queen for a tour around Otsego Lake.  It was a beautiful and day and even more fun to spend it with some friends.  :)

For my Thank You cards this year, I chose to use the Happier Forest Friends suite in the new catalog.  I didn't really do any stamping; it's all just cutting out the animals from the designer papers.  I just love the little bear and his "friends."  

Each card came out a little differently, depending on what the scene looked like from the designer paper.  I love the colors of this suite, the whimsical look to the animals and how nicely they all came together.  For some of the cards, I cut out some trees from the cut outs to add to the scene and to have a place to put the little owl.


Thank you to all of my friends, for your gifts, time, friendship and love.  I enjoyed the luncheons, dinners, Van Gogh Experience and spending time with each of you.  :)


In the Venice display at the Museum

This painting looks so real!

Sailing on the "Queen"


I can't even wait to use this set again!  And even though it is very whimsical, it's not just for kids.  Maybe next time the bear will come "camping" with me.  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment