Monday, August 1, 2022

Hues of Happiness

For this week's class, I used the Hues of Happiness paper and die cuts.  This card is my interpretation of the card on the front of the catalog.  I used the thick white cardstock for the card base and added a piece of the designer paper for the front.  I cut the edge of the white piece with the die cuts and ran it through the emboss machine using the Timeworn Type folder.  I cut out a couple of flowers from the beautiful papers and added some sprigs made from vellum that I punched out using the Bough punch.  

The saying is from Peaceful Moments and it is cut out with a die from Tasteful Labels.  I used Wink of Stella on the flowers to make them shine and added some rhinestone embellishments.  I could make this card all day!  LOL

For this next card, I used Highland Heather for the cardstock and added a white layer cut out using the die cut from this set.  I cut it out twice so that it filled the whole space.  The purple flower in the corner is just glued onto the front and the other two flowers are added with some dimension.  I used the Bough punch again with some vellum for the sprigs.  

I love the soft look of this card.  The Hues of Happiness papers are just so beautiful and easy to work with.  I got the idea from Leslie Jendra.

For the pink card, I used shiny white cardstock for the background and painted through a butterfly cut out with ink from the indpad.  I saw this technique from Christy Gridley.  You can watch her video here.  
I cut out the sprigs using Layering Layers printed vellum and added the pink strip that I cut out from the Palms die.  I love to make "get well" cards to send out to my friends.

Lastly I made this teal card using Coastal Cabana for the cardstock.  I cut the white layer diagonally and then added some Pool Party strips along the edges.  I used an older embossing folder and then added some flowers from the paper.  I got this idea from Barb Pheffer.  

To make these cards, I didn't use the stamp set.  They're made with the designer papers and the die cuts.  These are easy and beautiful cards that you can make with these pretty papers.  I cut out a bunch of the flowers and will keep them on hand for more cards!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment