Monday, August 22, 2022

Bird Cage Collage Cards

A few weeks ago I worked on some cards using the Abigail Rose papers and some card layouts and ideas from Gail Ellis, another demonstrator on Pinterest.  I kept the colors scheme very simple and love the look that these cards have.  


There's a cute new set of stamps in the catalog with parakeets and a bird cage cut out.  However, I already have a lot of bird stamps and bird cages, too.  So I used some of my old stamps and cut outs to redesign Gail's cards.  

I used Abigail Rose designer papers for the cards, some vintage lace and several older bird stamps and cages including Free as a Bird stamp set.  

Seriously, I love how they came out!  I had an old Tim Holtz bird cage die cut, one of the Bigz dies that I had never used before.  I also used the new Designer Tags cut outs for the tags on the cards.  The flower die is from the Pretty Pillowbox.  

I love the muted colors and the fun "collage" style.  I call the set of cards a Mix & Match.  Once you stamp and emboss and cut everything out, you can mix and match the items on any of the cards.  


For the last card, I kept things simple.  It's mostly a sheet of the designer paper that makes this card so wonderful.  Then I added some tags, flower and saying.  The Designer Tag dies really makes the cards.  For the color scheme, I used Petal Pink for the accent color.  I think the card would look pretty if you colored in some of the flowers on the designer papers, too.  Maybe next time I will try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment