Saturday, January 7, 2023

More Patchwork and Embrodiery

Before Christmas I decided to do some more patchwork for some gifts.  I love the book by Gail Pan called Patchwork Loves Embroidery.  

It's a book that I've had for a while but I love to transfer the patterns to embroider.  She also has several nice projects to make in her book.  Each time that I take it out, I want to make more of her items.  









After I made the bag which has a nice enclosure at the top, I stitched up some more birds to match the bag.  I made some bitsy yo-yo's for embellishments along with some buttons.

Then I decided that I wanted to put another piece with embroidery on it with this gift, I stitched up the sweet little heart and made it into a pin cushion.  You can also use it for decorating, putting on a shelf or in a basket.  

I had fun putting this all together.  I gave it to my friend for her gift but now I want to make more of these!  The fabrics come together and coordinate so nicely.  How can I even stop?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment