Saturday, January 7, 2023

Birdie Apron

I love making aprons for both myself and to give as gifts.  For Christmas this year, I made this "bitdie" apron for one of my friends who loves birds.  I purchased the bird fabric at JoAnn's a few years ago and remembered that I had it in my stash.  It has light green vines in it and some rust colored flowers.  So I lined the apron with a light green, making it reversible and added some rust fabric for the pockets and ties.

I had a cute bird stamp that I wanted to use to make a card to match the gift, but after stamping it in a lot of different colors, it just didn't have the look I was after.  So I made the card from a piece of the bird fabric! I ironed on some fusible interfacing and then ran it through the Big Shot with a stitched circle die.  I like how it turned out.  Now it matches the apron.

I sewed some little birds to match the apron and added some buttons for embellishments.  The birds can be either hung or placed in a display.  Then I made a little pincushion that also has the robin on it.  I added some lace and buttons to that.  I love how it all came together.  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment