Saturday, January 7, 2023

"Oh, My Starts" Quilt

I started this teal quilt about 2 years ago and finally finished it this week!!!  The pattern is called, "Oh, My Stars" from Pat Sloan.  It's a fun, easy pattern that you can make with charm squares or 5" blocks of fabric.  You do need a design wall to put them on so you can decide where to put the "stars."  You want to make sure that you don't place the star next to a fabric that is similar in color.  You need the contrast to make the stars stand out.



I've made the pattern before for my son but this time I used pretty teal fabrics with flowers in them to make it more feminine for one of my girlfriends.

I made a strip of patchwork for the back of the quilt to give it some visual interest.  I love how it looks going across the back of the quilt.  That's the first time I've even done a pattern on the back.  

I quilted it on my longarm with an overall random swirl pattern.  I love how it turned out.

Here's a photo of my friend receiving her quilt.  And guess what?  She loved it.  :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment