Friday, December 30, 2022

The Red Chandelier Quilt is Finished!

I guess I can say that I call myself a "quilter."  In reality, it's more like a "quilt starter."  I like to start new projects, select the fabrics and begin making the quilt.  It's so exciting in the beginning to see how your fabric will come together as a quilt. But then life gets in the way, I get busy with other things, set the project aside and they don't get finished as quickly as I'd like.  

But photos don't lie, and here is a completely finished quilt!  (Cue the band music here.)  I finished this quilt in time to give for Christmas, even though it's actually a birthday gift and her birthday was in October.  But let's not worry about that - it's finished!

The quilt is a pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Co and you can find the tutorial here.  It's not that hard to put together, but you need a design wall if you are making it with "random" colors.  

My friend Amy, who will be getting the quilt, loves the color red.  So I selected some beautiful reds from a few different collections that I had picked up to make her quilt.  There's some Poppy Mae fabrics from Moda and Little Sweetheart fabrics by Edyta Sitar.  

For the background, I wanted a soft creamy fabric with monochromatic images on it, but I couldn't find what I was looking for when I was ready to start her quilt.  I ended up getting a small yellow dotted fabric from Riley Blake called Le Creme Dots.  

You don't really notice the dots, and the cream color just gives this quilt such a soft look.  I love how it turned out!  I got extra Le Creme fabric to use for the background of a few more quilts.  

I have wanted to make (finish) a Chandelier Quilt for a while now and I'm so happy that it's done!  It's the first quilt that I've finished in 2022, but there are still a couple of days left, so you never know, there may be more.  Perhaps 2023 will be the year of finishing quilts, not just starting them.  There sure are a lot on the UFO pile.  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment