Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Making Birds for the Ornament Exchange

Every year at Christmas time I host an Ornament Exchange Party.  Seven of my crafty friends each make 8 handmade ornaments and then we exchange them at our party!  This year I decide to make some Christmas birds for my exchange.

Although I have made little birds before, I lost the pattern and had to find a new one.  So these little birds are made using the Sizzix bird pattern.  They are a bit smaller but are just as cute!


I painted some beaks and eyes onto them using a charcoal paint.  For some of the birds, I crocheted a little red and white scarf and for others I glued on some flower embellishments and poinsettias.  Then I sewed a thin gold cord so that they can hang on the tree.

The birds are made using Fig Tree Christmas fabric.  Each bird is a little bit different and that makes them so special.  

I made extra birds so that I can give them out as Christmas gifts.  My crafty friends just loved them.  Of course, I want to make MORE.  (They're like eating potato chips; you can't just make one!)

I put them in a two-tiered tray that I picked up at Target.  I think they look so cute!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment