Saturday, December 3, 2022

Patchwork Tote Bag & Christmas Miniature in a Mug


One of my craft-loving friends, Cindy, is going to be moving to TN in a few weeks.  Cindy and I have gotten together to make crafts for several years now.  She is the Crafting Queen and knows how to make all kinds of crafts.  

For her going-away party, I wanted to give her something handmade.  So I did some embroidery and made her this sweet little tote bag with a gathered top.  The bag will make a nice little carrier for taking a small craft project along with you when you are out and about with some time to spare.  I got the pattern from an older book that I have called Patchwork Love Embroidery by Gail Pan.  

Cindy just loved her tote bag. She likes vintage items and muted country colors in her projects and in her home.

 I gave it to her at one of her crafting days that she holds at her church once a month.  



This month we made a sweet festive decoration using a mug and some greenery items.  Here is a photo of the one that I made.  

I added a little house that I painted and a small white picket fence.  I love how it came out.  It only makes me want to make like 20 more of these.  

Although the mugs came out lovely, we made a lot of mess while we were working on them!  There is styrofoam in the cup to hold the twigs and moss.  The rest of the items are glued in using a glue gun.  Depending on the mug that you choose and what you have to put in them, the projects can come out quite differently from the one that I made.

It would be fun to collect some new miniature items from thrift stores to put in my next mug.  :)

Here is another photo of my project. I already have it out on display with my Christmas decorations.  I just love how it turned out.  

Thanks for the idea, Cindy.  Next trip, off to TN to visit Cindy and what sort of thrift and craft shops she will have in her new town.  























No comments:

Post a Comment