Saturday, December 3, 2022

Peace to You at Christmas


 While I was browsing on Pinterest (a great site for all sorts of craft ideas), I spotted a couple of nice cards made using the Peace to You set from Jackie Bolhuis.  Then I had to get the stamp set!  LOL  

I made this church scene card using Night of Navy ink.  I used the Stamparatus to get a good image onto my white cardstock.  Then I trimmed it with a rectangular cut out and added some ribbon to the background.  I used the Merry Melody embossing folder for the background.  

I love the simplicity of this card.  

For the second card, I stamped Mary and Joseph using the Stamparatus, also.  I trimmed the image and added it to the card using dimensionals.  

You can use pretty much any Christmas saying with this card.  Again I used the Merry Melody embossing folder for this card also.  I love making whimsical cards, but I also love the sweet reminder of what Christmas is all about in this card.  


For my third card in this set, I took out an older set called Night of Bethlehem.  I've had it for a while but haven't used it yet.  I thought it would make a good addition to these other two cards.  The card is a fancy fold and I love how you can almost imagine Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem as the card opens.

Here is what the inside of the card looks like.  I used an old designer paper called Maritime that had constellations on it that looks like the night sky.  Kind of cool, right?

I cut out the town of Bethlehem out of the cork paper and I just love the look of it.  

To finish off the card, I used the coordinating dies to cut out a gold star for the sky.  I saw the idea for this fancy fold card from Patty Bennett.  

I just love this set of cards.  I'd like to try the Peace to You in another color.  Have you tried this set yet?  Did you have to use the Stamparatus to get the image to stamp well?

Thanks for looking at my cards.  Drop me a comment if you like them.  




No comments:

Post a Comment