Friday, November 10, 2023

Fall Fabric Basket

Fall is my favorite season of the year.  I love everything about it - the colors, the scents, pumpkins, Thanksgiving, pumpkin tea, squash soup and of course, the apple cider donuts!  I have a lot of orange fall fabrics and I wanted to make a patchwork fall basket.

I used a lot of fabrics from the Squirrely Girl collection and put together this fall fabric basket.  I donated it to my quilting guild because I'm in charge of the Opportunity drawings each month at our meetings.  Every month I include something handmade in the drawings.  

The woman who won the drawing loved the little basket.  Now I just want to make More!  


At the end of September this year I twisted and sprained my ankle and broke one of the bones in my foot tripping on the stairs.  So for the whole month of October, I was pretty much out of commission.  

During my time at home while my foot was healing, I tried taking some fall photos around the house.  Here is one that took in my room near the window.  It's not perfect but it's what I came up with.

A cup of fall tea in the morning alongside my Bible devotion reading.  :)







Once my foot got somewhat better, I did get to enjoy a lovely fall in nearby Lake George.  Although it's pretty cold here in upstate NY during the winter (6 months), fall is exceptionally beautiful.  I enjoyed a wonderful day with my friends looking at the foliage and sitting alongside the lake.

Here I am sitting and relaxing with my foot up wearing my fall crocheted poncho that I bought at the Cracker Barrel restaurant. When I saw it, I just had to buy it!  I love the retro look and I remember wearing a poncho similar to this when I was a girl in the 70's.  

Don't you just love it's pretty fall look?  

Now I'm off to make some Christmas items.  :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment