Friday, November 10, 2023

The Joy of Christmas

I was busy this week making some Christmas cards for my stamp classes.  Because of the broken foot situation, I'm way behind on my cards and classes.

For this set of cards I used the 2 stamp sets in the Joy of Christmas collection.  My first card is copied from Katie Drew and I just love the soft green colors.  I paired my cards this week with the Winter Meadow designer papers love the soft muted look to them.

Card #2 uses a larger sprig stamp from the Joy of Noel stamp set.  I colored the leaves and berries with Stamping blends and added a Pool Party focal circle.  The banners are 2" strips of paper from the Winter Meadow papers.  I used the same layout as Akiko Sudano did on one of her Christmas cards, but changed up the color scheme.

My next card is make using green papers from the Winter Meadow assortment.  My favorite paper in the pack is this subtle green tree paper.  I cut out some springs from the Joy of Noel dies and I think they look just like an evergreen branch.  The base of the card is Pool Party paired with Pretty Peacock accents.   

After I made the card, I thought it needed something else so I added the little bird from Bird's Eye Vew set.  He does make the card a little more whimsical, but I like him on there.  I wasn't sure if my stampers would like him on the card, but they did.  :)

The card on the left has the little bird sitting on the saying and on the right, he is on a little branch off to the side.  

I could have made more cards using this suite.  If only time would allow...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment