Friday, November 10, 2023

Quilted Zippered Bag

This week in my sewing lessons, I taught some of the ladies how to make a zippered bag.  Putting in zippers can be scary if you haven't done it before, but it's actually not that hard.  We cut our fabric into 2 1/4 inch strips.  For our bags today, we used 5 strips across but you can use any amount that you'd like.  

You quilt it with batting and backing and then put the zipper in at the top of the bag.  This is how mine turned out before I added the embellishments.  I made a couple of yo-yo flowers and added a tassel to the zipper pull.  

I am going to put together a tutorial on how to make this bag, hopefully this weekend.  I will keep you posted.  

This bag is made using fabric from the Folktale line from Moda.  I have quite a bit of this fabric and I love the soft, muted colors that are in it.  I made some key fobs to match the bag.  

And I paired it with the sweet little flower bowl.  I want to make a whole basket full of these little bags in a bunch of different sizes.  They are great way to get organized and also make a nice gift.  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment