Sunday, February 2, 2014

An Old-Fashioned Feel to Them

Last month I made some cards that had a sort of old-fashioned feel to them.  I just love this look!  I got the Dress Up framelets (that cut out shapes) from Stampin Up and had so much fun playing with it and with some of my new stamps.  On this card, I added some color to the rose by sponging the cantelope color onto it.  There is some sponging on the card done with a light tan, but you can't see it that well in the photo.  I found the idea for this card on Pinterest (my favorite online place to be!) from Sharon Cheng.

 This card is made with the Post Card background stamp.  So cute!  I love the colors, love the antique ribbon, love the whole card.  I got the idea from another stamper, Narella Farrugia.  She has some pretty nice stuff on her blog.

It's been a long time since I've made a card using a wheel!  But I really liked this wheel when I saw it in the catalog. I thought that it had a little different look to it.  Even the "lady" focal point is part of the wheeled images.  I added a folded doily fan and a rose made from paper clay that you don't have to cook in the oven.  I got the idea from Ann Clemmer at stamperdog.com.

I love all three of these cards, but I think the Post Card is my favorite.  Which one do you like the best?




No comments:

Post a Comment