Sunday, February 2, 2014

Valentine Cards

I spent a little time this week making some Valentine cards.  Here is an easy, trendy-looking card that I made.  It has a cute little favor to go with it. It is quick and easily made with one of the new open-ended punches.  I will be putting these favors on the table for my family when we celebrate our Valentine's Day dinner. 

This card has some ruffled ribbon on it that just makes it look so special!  I love the ruffled ribbon that Stampin Up sells.  There are 5 different colors.  Eventually I want all of them.  I like to use this ribbon on my sewing projects, too.

I got the idea for this card from Laura Mackie.  She made it as a wedding card and I modified it to look more like a Valentine's card.  Change up the colors and I think it can be any kind of a card that you'd like.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but it has a little bit of bling on it- the rhinestones just make it pop.

Now to just get my cards in the mail!  (Making them is the easy part- ha ha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment