Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Time for Tea!


I love to plan and have parties!  I love the planning, preparation and hosting.  Last month I held a Tea Party at my home that included tea and food, door prizes, games and then some stamping projects with a "tea" theme!
 
Part of the fun was collecting vintage tea cups, plates, teapots, cloth napkins and some doilies to decorate with.  I found this little vintage bird cage at a local consignment shop.  I just love how it worked so well with my theme!
I picked up this chalk board at a garage sale for $3 and hung it on the wall in my kitchen.

For the party favors, I sewed some little "tea bag" sachets and filled them with lavender.  I tied the tea bags together with a bow and added some matching tea cups for the tags.  I found the idea for them on Pinterest by Laurraine Yuyama.  I had a lot of fun making these, but they took way longer than I expected to make!  (I made 30 sets!)
 I asked the ladies to "dress for tea" and to wear hats if they had them.  There were prizes for the best dressed. 












 Of course I made cucumber sandwiches.  What would a tea party be without them? 


 There was also egg salad and tuna sandwiches, fruit, some pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and an assortment of delicious desserts and scones!






I even made the name tags shaped to look like a tea cup!
After we had tea and plenty of food, we played some games and then made some stamping projects- my favorite part!  

I ended up having the tea party on two different days so that I could accommodate everyone's schedules and have room in my home!  Both days were so much fun.






I'm already looking forward to planning another party- what theme should I have this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment