Saturday, May 17, 2014

Petite Petals Class

This month I held a stamping class where we made these three cards all using the same stamp set, Petite Petals.  The nice thing about this stamp is that it comes with a punch and that makes it is so quick and easy to use!

I think this card was my favorite of the three.  I just love the blues and how they gradually change color in the "bouquet."  I don't usually use blues in my projects, but I really like how this came out.  I got this idea from Jackie Bolhuis.

Because they are so pretty, I made a lot of these cards to give away along with the cutest little Post-It holder ever!  The little favors have a small Post-It pad in them and are made using the Envelope Punch Board.  Then they are wrapped with the ruffled ribbon that has elastic in it.  Because it stretches, you can just slide down the ribbon to use the pad instead of taking it off!  If you want to make these, you can find the directions from Deb Valder's site on how to make them here.

I really love the two colors on this card and how they go together- Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe. I don't know what I will do next year when they retire.  Maybe cry (no, not really!).   I got the idea from a card on the blog called Whimsy Art Cards.
I gave my customers two variations for this card. It could either be made with a green scallop on the edge for a dressy look or with more of a "grunge" look that has tears and sponging like the one on the right.  Which look do you like better?
Unfortunately I lost the link from where I found the idea to make this card.  I will definitely post it if I find it!

Which one of the cards is your favorite? 





No comments:

Post a Comment