Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Staying Warm During the Blizzard and Finishing Up Projects!


Okay, so I'm not really one for blizzards, especially in March!  Today is my second day off from work and I am enjoying having time to finish up some of my projects. 

I started this throw a couple of years ago and although I used to do a lot of crocheting, I don't do much anymore due to some problems with my hands. 

Over the years I've made a number of afghans using the ripple stitch, however this time I used 2 strands of yarn throughout, rotating the colors to give this throw a variegated look.  I saw this idea in a book from Vanna White and thought that I'd give it a try.

In this photo you can see it better.  Each time that I changed a color, I crocheted in the back loop only to create a raised line to give the pattern some interest.  The edges were a bit curly so I crocheted a few rows around the entire blanket and that made them lay flatter.  The outcome: a beautifully warm and oh, so soft throw to put on when I sit to watch tv in my family room!

Here's my view while I'm finishing it up!  Don't you just love finishing up old projects?  What sort of things are you completing that have been sitting around for a while?


No comments:

Post a Comment