Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Winter Outside, Spring Inside


This morning I started out wanting to make a spring Easter-looking table runner.  Ironically, I have another day off from work due to the Blizzard of 2017.  It's snowy and the wind is howling but I'm warm inside making spring items and taking out the Easter decorations!

 Last week while I was in Joann's just buying a spool of thread, I couldn't help walking by the new Easter fabrics.  They were so spring-looking with their beautiful pastel colors.  I noticed the sign that said they were on sale, so I stopped to talk a closer look at them.  Hmm, what could I make?

Just then one of the girls who work there said that all fabric was an additional 20% that day.  I guess that was all that I needed to hear and started putting fabrics into my cart!

Once I got home, I wasn't sure what I wanted to make with them.  So I looked on Pinterest, and saw this angled table runner.  I didn't have a patterns, so I took out some paper and worked a little with the angles to make a template.

I quickly cut out some of the fabric and "whipped" this up this morning.  I just love how it came out. I added a quick Easter decoration, and already the house is looking pretty spring-like!  Now I need to make more of them for the remaining tables and counters in my house.  Too bad it's back to work tomorrow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment