Friday, June 30, 2017

Coneflowers from the Daisy Punch

This week I have been working on making cards using the Daisy Delight stamp set with its coordinating punch.  I love punches that match the stamp sets- they are so quick and easy to use. 

The cards have 2 different colored flowers.  I used Tranquil Tide at first and then Early Espresso.  I decided that I like the brown flowers better.  Then I stamped a light speckle stamp using Crumb Cake ink for a subtle color in the background. When I stamped the saying onto this card, the ink smeared so I stamped the saying again on some scrap and mounted it in an oval scallop.  I mean, who wants to start over when your card is almost done? 

For this project, I used the Daisy punch and cut it in half to form a coneflower.  It was stamped on the Daisy designer paper to give it a watercolor look.  What do you think? 

I saw the idea for this card on Pinterest from Cindee Wilkinson.  I love how it came out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment