Monday, June 19, 2017

Loving the New Stampin Up Catalog

I have to say that I am loving the new Stampin Up 2017 catalog.  There are so many new interesting items offered this year. 

The first stamp set that caught my eye was the Daisy Delight bundle.  I got the idea to make this little pot of flowers by Debbie Blake.  I offered this project at my New Catalog Open House.  All of the ladies loved it!

Each daisy flower is made using 3 stamped flower images and then they are punched out with the coordinating punch.  (You know how I love the matching punches!)  I curled them with my bone folder to give them some texture. 

Then I put a dimensional between each flower and added one of the new gem embellishments to the top.  I attached them to a floral wire by bending it into a circle and mounting it with some glue dots.  Then I inserted them into a styrofoam floral base.  I love the idea of putting the dragonfly into the flowers.  It add such a nice touch, don't you think? 

I stamped two of them and attached them to some floral wire also.  Then I adhered the two dragonflies together so that you can see his wings from the top and from the bottom side. 

I used a new saying from the Colorful Season stamp set that says, "Life is a beautiful thing."  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment