Saturday, November 3, 2018

Feathers and Frost

Feathers and Frost is a new stamp set from the Stampin Up Holiday Catalog.  It has two sweet little bird images in it and an unusual square wreath.

I took it out a couple of weeks ago to make a card and just love the images and colors of this card!  It's Tranquil Tide and Mint Macaron.  The embossed background is Quilt Top and sets the tone for the card.  I colored in the little bird using Stamping Blends.  The nice thing about them is that you can color in images that you have stamped with regular water based stamp pads.  And they don't bleed.

I was trying to think of some favors that would go well using this stamp set, so I made a candy box favor and some gift tags.  I was having so much fun that I also made a little holder to put the tags into.

If you'd like the instructions for making the candy box, use the link here from Chic'n Scratch. There's a little video on her website.  It's very easy to make!  I modified it to go along with the card.

Here are some of the cute little tags that I made to coordinate with this set.  The tags are made using the Tag Topper punch, so they are cut 2" to fit into the punch.  I added a colored piece of cardstock to the back of each tag to make it a bit more sturdy.  The little tag box was also made from the Chic'n Scratch website.  Here is the link to the box made using the Envelope Punch Board.  

All of these projects were part of my Christmas Stamp Camp.  They were all nice, but I think making these were the most fun!  

Do you like this little bird?  

No comments:

Post a Comment