Saturday, November 3, 2018

I Love Fall


I love everything about fall - the cool crisp air, the colorful leaves on the trees, the smell of mulling spices, apple cider donuts, Thanksgiving, being thankful, etc.

For this class I chose shiny copper paper and copper dry embossing for the accent colors to my cards.

This card features the new stamp set, Falling Leaves along with its set of framelits.  The cut outs are a shiny copper and the saying is made with copper embossing powders.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the coppers all stand out so well, making this a glistening fall card!  I used the Tin Tile embossing folder for the background and some punched out copper stars for embellishments.  I love the font for the saying, too.  My idea comes from Leena Ginsa.

Remember the awesome birch tree embossing folder?  I think it's called Woodland Textured Impressions for its formal name.  Doesn't it look sweet on the background of this fall-colored card?  The leaves are cut out with the Colorful Seasons leaf thinlits and the saying is embossed with copper powder.  Simple, and yet so elegant.  Idea is from Jan Higgins, one of my stamping friends.

Next up is a card using the Springtime Impressions thinlits.  Of course, you can make it to work for any season by just changing the colors.  I cut out the floral die using the Wood Textures designer paper.  The background is lightly stamped using the Hardwood background stamp.  I colored some pearls with orange blends.  The idea for this card is from Stesha Bloodhart.

I have to say that I love this fall card!  It's made using the Coffee Cafe set and a stamp set that was in last year's holiday catalog.  The designer papers are left overs from last year but I love the look that they have on this card.  The leaves and pumpkins really add to the fall feel, but most of all I love the saying, "Hello FALL!  It's pumpkin spice latte season." 

I've never really had a pumpkin spice latte before, but it sounds so good that I'd like to try one.  What better reminder of fall than the smell of pumpkin spice? 

Do you like to make fall cards?  What are your favorite things in fall that you like? 



No comments:

Post a Comment