Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Loving the Snowman

I'm a little behind on posting my Christmas projects this year.  The stamp set and papers that I loved the most from Stampin Up's holiday catalog was the Let It Snow suite.  The snowman with the punch is just the cutest little man ever!  I decided to do a class with some fancy fold snowman cards using the Snowman Season stamp set.

For the first card, I folded the cardstock like you normally would and then cut it at 2" from the top.  Then I cut the remaining piece into a 2" strip for the bottom.  I added the designer paper to the two pieces and then added the red snowman center to hold them together.

This leaves a gap in the middle of the card, but it has a nice look to it.  On the inside, you have to be careful where you write your saying, or it will show on the front of the card.  I got this idea from Cathy Krylowitz, one of my fellow demonstrators.

The next card is cut on the diagonal and the bottom piece opens to the side and the top piece opens up.  It has an interesting look to it.  Before you cut your cardstock into 2 pieces to make your two card bases, cut the cardstock on the diagonal.  Then fold each diagonal piece in toward the center.

You'll see where to put the white piece for the inside.  Then add your designer paper and snowman for the focal point.  I've seen this card on Pinterest before, but I got the idea from another of my demonstrator friends Pat Clow.

Card #3 looks fairly easy on the front, but it has a special surprise on the inside!

When you open up the card, the snowman pops up!

He almost appears to be "floating" on the inside of the card, but he is actually attached with a strip of clear window sheet.  You can make this card using any small image.  I got the idea from Julie Davison for the inside of the card.  Check out her site at: http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2015/06/video-pdf-half-circle-pop-up-card.html to make this card.

The outside of the card idea is from Jennie M Stamping Spot.

Lastly we made this cute snowman box for candy goodies or small gift items.  I got the idea for this from Angie at Chic'n'Scratch.  You can make it by watching her video here.

It's fun to try new fancy folds.  Which one would you like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment