Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Snowman Wall Hanging Gets an Updated Look

If you've ever been to my house, you know that I love to make all kinds of craft items.  I sew, stamp, I crochet, make soaps, jewelry, paint things and much more.  I mostly just go from room to room making things!  And I love having my friends come over to craft with me. 

This week I worked on making a Snowman Wall Hanging with a couple of my crafty friends.  I had made this pattern years ago with country colors, but I thought that he needed an updated look.

Here is the original wall hanging that I have been using at Christmas time to decorate with.  It's an old Pieces of My Heart pattern that I've had for years.  So I took it out and reworked some of the colors to match my current decor.

He's not hard to make, mostly using charm squares cut in half or 2 1/2" x 5" pieces.  I had a hard time at the beginning trying to decide on the color scheme and kept cutting out more and more colors for my snowman.

At one point, he even had some green in the color scheme.  After disassembling the snowman a few times to replace the colors, I decided that he needed a longer brim on his hat so that a little bird could sit on it.  I widened the brow and finally narrowed down the colors.  I mostly used colors from the fabric line called Nest.  It came out a couple of years ago but I still have a lot of the fabric.


His finished look now has a little wooden bird, a felt scarf and some bright shiny buttons on his body.  I even found a snowflake button that I sewed onto his hat.  I worked on him, changing up the colors for 4 days but I'm happy with how he finally turned out.  What do you think of his new colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment