Saturday, October 24, 2020

Forever Ferns for Fall


 For this week's Fall stamp class, we used the Forever Ferns stamp set mixed with the Guilded Autumn designer papers.  I love how the Ferns can move from season to season.  I think it's the most versatile set in the whole catalog.  :)

For this first card, I used the Greenery embossing folder for the background.  For all of my cards today, I used Vanilla cardstock.  For the focal piece, I stamped some green leaves onto the background and added some speckles using in Crumb Cake ink.  Then I added a leaf stamp in Terra-Cotta Tile. The gold leaves and ribbon add a nice touch.  I also added some twine ribbon that I pulled apart for embellishment.  I got the idea for this card from Yvonne Neefjes.  


For this next card, I made a fancy fold card that folds over to one side.  I used one of the gold hoops that corrdinates with the Forever Ferns.  I love what it adds to the card.  This card also has some "wheat" shafts made from pulled apart ribbon, some gold accent leaves and some of the fern images stamped in Mint Macaron and Terra-Cotta.  I finished it off with a pretty gold-trimmed bow.  This idea is also from Yvonne Neefjes.  Thank you for these beautiful card ideas, Yvonne.

This next card is very sweet.  It uses the Free as a Bird stamp set, which is one of my favorites.  The little birdhouses are die cuts from the Coming Home Bundle in the mini catalog.  Don't they make adorable birdhouses?  I stamped some wheat from the Gather Together stamp set onto the background and then added some leaf die cuts.  The birds are colored in with Crumb Cake and Mint Macaron.  They are a bit washed out in this photo and look better in person. I got this idea from Jana Muller.  Cute, right?  


Last up is a simple fall card using cut out leaves from the Seasonal Layers die cuts.  I wanted to make a Thank You card and this is what I came up with.  

I had a great time making these cards.  The Guilded Autumn papers are so beautiful to work with and the Forever Fern set is amazing.  I can't wait to make more with these.

I love everything about fall.  I just wish that it lasted longer.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment