Saturday, February 12, 2022

Starting the Year Off with Sunshine & Rainbows

I realize that I haven't posted anything in a while.  I'm not even sure where all of my time goes.  LOL  But today I'm sharing a Desk Calendar that I made using the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set and the Sunshine & Rainbows designer papers from the new Mini catalog.  I always start off each new stamping year with a desk calendar.  I just love the bright and happy papers in this paper collection.  I'm happy to be able to look at this little calendar all year. I ordered the mini calendars online.

For the coordinating card, I used Coastal Cabana for the card base and used the rainbow cut-out dies.  Surprisingly, even after all these years, I do not have a rainbow stamp set!  I'm not even sure why.  But I do love this one.  :)

The word "friend" is from the Well Said cut outs.  I think it looks so sweet on this card.  

And I love the colors.  I'm glad that the designers chose to use colors other than primary for the papers.  I love how this turned out.  Simple, fun and easy!  


Here's a variation of the card that I made using the same layout.  This time I used Bermuda Bay cardstock for the base and added "baby" for the greeting.  I made this card for my little grandbaby.  And seriously, she does really make me happy.  :)

I also added a couple of small clouds to fill in the blank space.  I love how that looks on this card, too.  Finally I colored some pearls with the Blenders so that they would match.  

Don't you just love this set?







Up next is a card using the negative space that the rainbow cut-out makes!  I used think white cardstock for the base, Perfectly pink for the next layer and then the pretty rainbow paper for the next.  

I cut out a small piece of rainbow strips to fit behind the cutout, then layered it to my card.  Afterward I added some cute little clouds, but they didn't make it into the photo.  

I cut the rainbow focal piece just the right size to also include the saying on it, "You make me happy."  Who wouldn't want to get this cheery rainbow card?

Lastly I made a little magnet with one of the cut-outs and added a saying.  You can see it next to the card.  I got the idea for that from Brian King.  

The rest of my cards ideas came from the Stampin Up catalog.

What do you think of my rainbow cards and projects?  They all make me happy.  :)

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment