Friday, February 25, 2022

A Friendly Hello

One of the free Sale-a-Bration stamp sets and papers that Stampin Up is offering during Jan and Feb is this sweet little bird.  The papers are pretty pastel colors and together they really do present a Friendly Hello!  For this card, I used Pale Papaya cardstock, and layered the designer papers onto it.  I teamed up the Friendly Hello papers with Beautifully Penned papers from last summer's Sale-a-Bration selection.

I love the contrast of the addition of the black and gray colors.

For this card, I used a fold-back style for the base, added the designer papers, and then added a focal point using a scalloped die from Stitched So Sweetly.  I embossed a rectangular piece to add to the scalloped white to give it more dimension.  

Then I stamped the flowers from Friendly Hello and added some sprigs that I had lying around (seriously).  The saying is cut from a die and then glued to a piece of black paper that I hand trimmed for the border.  There is Wink of Stella for a pretty shine on all of the cards, but it doesn't show up in the photos.  I got the idea for this card from Leena Girsa.


For my next bird card, I used a piece of the designer paper for the focal point from the Friendly Hello papers.  I embossed the background with Timeworn Type folder and used white embossing powders for the saying.  I colored in the flowers and the bird with the Stamping blends.  I saw this card idea from Tami Hewlett.  

For the last card, I cut up strips of the designer papers and put them onto a white piece of cardstock.  I ran the piece through the Emboss machine using the Subtle folder.  I love how it sort of melds all of the papers together.  The saying is from See the Good, an older set.  I used a punch for the black leaf accents.

I had fun using the Friendly Hello set with the papers.  I'd like to try the bird using some darker colors instead of the pastels.  What about you?  Do you like the bird?  What color would you like to see him with?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment