Sunday, April 10, 2022

Bloom Where You Are Planted

When I saw these cute little plants in this year's Stampin Up catalog, I knew that I would want to get them.  It sat around for some time, but I finally took out this suite of products and made some cards with it!  Bloom Where You Are Planted features some pretty designer papers, nice stamps and some really cute cut outs.

For my first card, I used the die cut from the Tulip dies to make the mosaic peek through for the background.  Don't you just love this look?  The papers is from the Bloom suite and the two outer images are stamped and cut out.  I tucked in a little die cut plant in the middle and added some black and white twine.  The base of the card is Gray Granite.  I got the idea for this card from Brandy Cox.

My second card is all images from the designer paper that I cut out and put on my card.  I love the brick wall, don't you?  Easy and so sweet.  :)

For the next card, I painted color onto watercolor paper and cut out the images, using mostly just the die cuts for this card.  I gave the color palate a softer look for this card.  I used basic gray for the neutral color.  I got the idea for this from Tammy Wilson.  She uses a lot of watercolor paper for her cards.

I tried making the card again with some darker colors for the watercolor papers.  But I'm not sure if I like it any better than the first card.  Which one do you like better, the one with the lighter colors on it or the darker?

Lastly, I made a card with a slight modern look to it, with black and white images and the teal for an accent color.  This card is supposed to look a little wonky, with assorted pieces of embellishments on it.  I colored some old butterfly accents to match the card.  

I kind of like the clean look of the card.  What do you think?

All in all, I had fun using this set.  I especially liked the macrame holder to hold the plants in.  I will definitely be using it again.  :)











I'm not very good with real plants, but the ones on my cards sure look nice!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment