Sunday, April 10, 2022

Vintage Market in My House?

My friends and I love to go to the Vintage Market Fairs in our area.  There are two coming up soon and we're busy making plans to go!  Recently a couple of my friends and I decided that we wanted to get some booths at one of them and start doing some craft fairs.  We talked about what we wanted to sell and decided that we needed to start making some things if we are going to make it happen.  

So I moved a couple of wire rack shelves into my dining room/crafting room to start setting things up so I would know what I need to make and use for displaying my items.  I am having fun at second hand shops picking up some picnic baskets and old things to use.  There's a little shop not too far away called Captain's Treasures and we have been stopping in for our "treasures."

This week I started by making some pretty little flower shaped bowls.  I am using Folktale fabrics by Lella Boutique and love how they are turning out.  I bought the pattern from Etsy and spent a few days working on them.  Of course, I want to make a lot more, but this is a good start.  I've made about ten so far.  Don't you love the pretty muted colors and the flowers in the fabric?  I want to think of some more items to make using these pretty fabrics.  

I love using little birds in my decor around the house.  This week I made some little fabric birds to put into my display.  I chose some colors from nature to make the birds from.  They are fun and easy to make.  Although, you can set them into a bowl or in a display, I added a hanging string on them.  They can be hung from a cupboard or a doorknob.  Or even from a display tree.

When I put the little birds into the tree, I thought they looked great for spring!  I will definitely be making more of these cuties.  

I am having fun setting up my displays.  Of course, I need to make a lot more items to fill it with.  I'll be keeping you posted.  :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment