Sunday, April 10, 2022

Tip Toe Through the Tulips


For spring, I decided to do a stamping class featuring Tulips.  I used the Flowering Tulips and Tulip Fields stamp sets along with the Flowering Fields designer papers.  Don't these cards just remind you of spring? 

Here is upstate NY we have a tulip festival every year and the flowers are just so pretty to see.  There are so many different colors and shapes of tulips.  They are spread out through the park in different sections and usually draw a pretty big crowd.

I designed these cards to remind me of the beautiful flower displays that we have.  









For my first card, I used the Tulip Fields stamp set, adding a windmill and a sweet little fence near the top of the card.  I sponged some Soft Sky color onto the top of the card to create the sky.  I thought the card looked like it should be a Mother's Day card, so I added the saying onto some tag cut outs.  Lastly I stamped a couple of tulips to add some more color to the card.  I got the idea for my card from Patty Bennett.


The second card features a tulip from the Flowering Tulips stamp set.  Combined with the pretty designer paper, I think this makes a beautiful card.  I added some of the new brushed brass butterflies as accents to my cards.  This card idea is from Lisa Freeman on Pinterest.

Here is the same card made in purple colors.  It has a whole different look to it than the red card.  Softer and not as bold, perhaps.

















To Coordinate with the purple tulips, I made another purple card with less stamping on it.  Stamp a saying, and then add a couple of butterflies!  I cut out two butterflies, one in gold and one in the designer paper.  I would like to try this layout using different colors and papers.  I got the idea for this from Tracy Bradley.

Using the pretty orange tulip papers, I made this card that features the tulip strip die from the Tulip dies.  I added some "flowers" for the bottom and sponged on some color to the tulips.  The color got a little washed out in this photo.  It's much brighter and happier in person.  

I loved using these paper and stamps.  Next time I will made more cards using the windmill dies.  Now I think I'm ready for spring!
























No comments:

Post a Comment