Friday, June 16, 2023

Dainty Delight

For this week's stamp class, I made some cards using the Dainty Delight stamp set.  During Jan and Feb, Stampin Up had some pretty designer papers that coordinated with the stamps and die cuts.  I'm finally getting around to using them.  :)


Working on my first card, I cut out some of the flowers to use as a focal point for my card.  I added some soft gray paper from Abigail Rose designer papers.  I cut out a fancy strip from some of the designer papers and added that, also.  The saying is from Peaceful Moments that has a lot of nice sayings in it.

Sadly, you can only cut out about three images from each half of the pretty flowered paper.  Now I wish that I hadn't given away so many packages of this paper to my customers.  Lol

The second card features the soft purple papers from the designer pack.  I cut out part of it using Split Card Textures dies.  Then I fussy cut around the floral image and used that as the focal point of my card.  I added an oval with a saying and a sprig from the Queen Bee cut outs.  

I got the idea for this card from Wendy Weixler on Pinterest.  I could make this card all day using different colored papers for the background and different sayings.  

I got the idea for this pretty card from Gail Ellis on Pinterest.  She has a video on how to brush the ink in the circle using ripped Post-It-Notes.  I changed up the colors and came up with this card.


I love the soft look of the card and how amazing the focal circle came out using the brushes.  I added some daisies and another flower from Dainty Delight dies and did some white embossing for the saying.  

The ladies all loved making this card and want to try making it again using different colors.  You could also use different shaped cut outs to brush in for a completely new look.  

What do you think of my Dainty Delight cards?  Which one is your favorite?





No comments:

Post a Comment