Friday, June 16, 2023

Half Square Triangle Baby Quilt

After my trip, I had to finish up a baby quilt that I had been working on for one of my daughter's friends.  After three boys, she is finally having a girl, so I wanted to make something for her that was very pink.

I wanted to use fabrics from my stash because I thought that I had a lot of pinks.  But when I actually looked at my fabrics, not all of the pinks went together very well.

I found a layer cake (10" squares) that had some pink butterflies and gingham check in it so I make a lot of the blocks from that.

I decided on half square triangles and I just love how it turned out.  











The pinks have a bit of a salmon color to them and I did find some prints in my stash that coordinated well.  She loved the quilt.  I quilted some flowers and swirls in it to make it look very girly. 















When I got back from my trip, I had to have the quilt ready just a few days after my trip. I wasn't thinking about how tired I would be from the jet lag.  Ha ha - I need to work on my time management a bit more.  But I did get it done!  

I loved working with the half square triangles and now I would love to make more quilts from my stash.  But I might need to buy more pink fabric for some new projects ideas.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment