Friday, June 16, 2023

Getting Ready for My Trip

Before I left on my trip to Israel with some of my friends, I wanted to make them a small pouch to put their shekels in!  I found some cork in my craft room along with some travel fabric and put these together.  I drew up my own pattern with a slight curve at the top.  

I didn't want them to be very big and I like the shape of them.  

They loved getting their little gift before we went.  I made each one just a little bit differently, by adding different charms and using various colors for the linings and tab.  They were impressed with the addition of the cork.   

Here we are on an adventure by a stream in the woods.  Like most places in Israel, we were on our way to see some ancient ruins.  


Before the trip I sent my roommate, Barb, a card for the trip.  Ha ha - I looked through my stamps to find something that sort of looked like a vacation and this is what I came up with!  The two of us on the front with our hats and luggage along with a little camera image that I found.  

The card was pretty plain so I added some blue flowers from Regency Park to give it some contrast (because they were laying on my desk).  Note the little "town" of Bethlehem and the Dome of the "Rock" that I added.  It's kind of silly, but she loved it and I guess that's all that matters.  :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment