Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Monkeying Around

This week I took out the cute little stamp set, Little Monkey.  For my first two cards, I found some older designer paper with bananas on it called Tropical Oasis.  I put a strip of it on each of my two cards.  I used the largest stitched circle for the focal point with Crushed Curry for the scallop edge.

He's a cute little guy swinging from the vines right onto my card!  It was a lot of fussy cutting, but I'm happy with how the card turned out.

In my next card, the little monkey is climbing in the tree holding a banana.  I like using the branch to ground the monkey.  Without it, the monkeys look like they are just floating in air.  


For the next two cards, I used an old designer paper called Garden Lane.  If you look closely, you can see little green quilt squares on the cards.  Because I'm also a quilter, I love the jungle background looking like tiny little quilt squares.  :)

My granddaughter loves to play "Five Little Monkeys" where we jump a stuffed monkey on the bed and then he falls off.  I made this card for her.  It would be a lot of monkeys to squeeze 5 of them onto one card, so I went with "Two Little Monkeys."  I think she will like it.  :)

After I put the green designer paper onto the Crumb Cake cardstock, I thought that the card needed a pop of color.  So I added a tag in Petal Pink.  I think it's just the right amount of color for the card.

For the complimentary card I had a pink rectangle on my desk, so I added that to the card front.  I punched out some bananas and then added the saying, I'm Bananas about You.  There is Wink of Stella on the bananas and leaves but it's hard to see in the photo.

This week I made not just two sets of cards, but a third set of monkey cards.  Once I took out the Garden Lane papers, I wanted to use the darker tiny quilts on a couple of cards.

This card is made starting with a square 4 1/4" base and then glued onto a piece of cardstock to make it the regular size of 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches.  This allowed me to have one of the monkeys peeking out from the inside of the card.

This is what the inside of the card looks like.  The bottom is folded up to make a small pocket for a gift card or love note.  I got this idea from one of the demonstrators on Pinterest, but I can't seem to find the video today.

And last, but certainly not least, I made this monkey card for my granddaughter's birthday next week.  

I have to say that I loved monkeying around with this set.  I just want to go through my designer papers and choose more to match with the monkeys.  Which card do you like best?









No comments:

Post a Comment