Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Crafting with Wood


 Last week I went to a friend's house where we continued to work on some painted wood items.  I love going there because she has lots of embellishments to add to the projects.  

For this little paddle, I added the bird using a Chalk Couture screen and brown paint.  I thought that he needed some color so I sponged in some color with Stampin Up ink and blending brushes.  I love the little hint of color that he has.

Then I added some soft-colored flowers, lace and sprigs to complete the look.  There are pearls and some berry sprigs if you look closely - all on top of a burlap bow.  I was pleased with how it all turned out.





Next I painted some Chalk Couture onto a small wooden tag that I painted white.  I added some lace, sprigs, a flower, jute rope to hang and a key charm to it.  It's about 3" tall and just a nice little piece to fill in on a shelf.

I started a few other projects but didn't get them done.  That will have to be another post!  

I love working with the soft colors of late summer and fall.  Last week I cleared off a couple of shelves in my stamping room and these items will look so good in there.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment