Tuesday, September 19, 2023

The Tilda Collection

For the past couple of weeks I have been playing around using some of my Tilda fabrics.  I wanted to make a gift for one of my sewing friends for her birthday because I know that she loves fabric from the Tilda lines.  

I started out making some needlepoint cases and fussy cutting the ladies from one of my fabric pieces for the front of the case.  The back is patchwork and inside is some wool felt with embellishments on it.  I made four of them and love how they came out!  I saw the idea for these online.

Next I made some patchwork pincushions to match.  I had to order some purple buttons to complete all of the projects.  I like how they add to the cuteness factor.

After finishing them, I sewed some small zippered bags in the beautiful Tilda fabrics.  I added a small charm to the zipper pull and a little tab on them.  

Of course, I couldn't leave out the little birdies!  My friend has a whole collection of them and I knew that she would like one in the Tilda fabrics.  :)


I found a flower pattern on the internet and made some mug rugs to go with the collection.  You can drink your tea and while sewing and there's room for a cookie, too!  Or you can just dress up a table or shelf with them.

After the flowers, I put together some key fobs.  These are great for keys or anything that you can put on a ring.  I have some applique circles that I added to mine so that I don't lose them.  


Lastly, I made a couple of cards to match the set.  I gave one set to my friend Carol and raffled off a second set at my quilt guild.  The ladies there loved them, too!  

What do you think of my Tilda collection for sewing?  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment