Friday, February 20, 2015

Butterfly Cards

 One of the pretty new things in the Stampin Up Occasions catalog is the Butterflies Thinlets.  For this card I cut out a couple of butterflies, one in Pink and the other in Crumb Cake and layered them to give a shadow to my butterfly.  I also used the new stamp set, Butterfly Basics, which give the card a slight collage look to it.  I saw this pretty card online at Stamp with Sandy. 

When you are using the Butterfly die, be sure to put a piece of wax paper in between the die and the cardstock.  This makes it a lot easier to remove the butterfly pieces.

Another pretty butterfly card that I made using the same stamp set is this, So Sweet of You card.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge set for the background and then added a 3D butterfly, again with cardstock behind it for a shadow.  I saw the idea for this card from Melissa Davies. 

 When I was making the Sending Wishes card, I layered the butterfly pieces two different ways, one with the pink butterfly on top and the other using the Crumb Cake for the top layer.  Which do you like the best?




No comments:

Post a Comment