Friday, February 20, 2015

Teal Valentines


Who says Valentines always need to be pink or red?  I made these Valentine cards and candy favor using Soft Sky and gray mixed in with my pinks this year.  A new trend in card-making is to add a decorated strip next to your banners.  You can use a punch out or a embossing folder.  For both of these cards I used the Happy Heart embossing folder and then trimmed them along the edges of the embossed hearts.  I got the idea for the card on the left from Cindy B at Stamps, Paper and Ink.
 

I just love the little fishy stamp from the Hey, Valentine stamp set.  I saw this idea online from Allison Okamiksu.  I added some google eyes in the glasses frame for the one fish, and it really made the card come alive!  Then I made a favor with candy hearts to match the card. 

Have you ever used colors other than pink or red for your Valentine projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment