Friday, February 20, 2015

Eiffel Tower Frame

Remember the clock frame project that I posted in November?

Well, I offered a class to my stamping students to make this project.  If you'd like to visit that page and read more about it, you can click here.

For this new class, I took out some vintage papers and some of them had the Eiffel Tower on them.  I added another color, the Hello Honey to the soft reds and blues and let my students make their project however they liked. 



This is how my new frame turned out!  I added some more "towers" to my project to give it a cohesive Eiffel Tower look and changed up some of the embellishments and sayings. 
We had so much fun making this vintage frame.  Everyone's came out a little different depending on the papers that they chose, but they all looked amazing when they were done.

Here is a close- up of the center panel.  I wish that I had cut the papers so that the Eiffel Tower was more to the left, but I didn't think about that ahead of time.  Because I didn't want to cover up the Tower, I trimmed off part of the clock and moved it more to the right side.

 For the side panels, I added a couple of new words like Bliss and Amour to go along with the theme.  Instead of flowers as accents, I used butterflies in all of the panels.  It was fun taking out and using some of my old vintage stamp sets.

Which frame do you like more- the Clock frame or the Eiffel Tower?










 
I've never been to France, but I love things with the Eiffel Tower on them.  One of these days, I must go see it in person. 
I guess the Eiffel Tower at Disney World doesn't count, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment