Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy New Home

 This week I made some Happy New Home cards for a couple of my friends that are moving.  I saw a similar card online from The Dining Room Drawers and decided to use some sewing and painting on my card! 

So I stitched down the papers with my sewing machine for a unique look and then took out some watercolor paper and painted the "sky" color for the background of the house.  I colored in the house and cut it cut along with some clouds out to give the card a bit of dimension.  I love the happy colors on this card.

Of my friends just bought a new home with some woods in the backyard.  She said that in the summer she would like to have a fire pit and have friends over for s'mores.  The other day I saw this photo taken in Boston this winter by Fox 13's Paul Dellegatto.  I sent it to her saying that she doesn't even need to wait until summer!  Let's do some shoveling and have those s'mores in the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment