Friday, February 20, 2015

Painted Petals

 I had seen a project online that was made using the pretty designer papers from Stampin Up called Painted Blooms.  So I went down to my "craft room" and took out some 5 x 7 frames that have been waiting for just the right project to be used.

I added the fancy die cut butterfly and then a couple of tags with a saying and some embellishments.  Then I found the perfect pink ribbon to be used as a bow to finish it off.

Here is one that I made using a black frame.  It gives it a completely different look.  Which one do you like better?  

Of course, no project is complete without some cards to go with it!  I sponged onto the Irresistible Yours designer paper from the Sale-a-Bration catalog that had glossy flowers on it and then wiped off the ink.  One card has a bit more ink on it than the other.  I think I like the lighter colored one.

I wanted to make a second card using the Painted Petals stamp set, but I wanted it to look different than the first cards.  So I stamped the stems and added some punched out flowers for more of a 3-D look.  Then I decorated a little notebook to go with it.

And to finish it all off, I made a little magnet using the new stamp set, Better Than Email.  I used the same flowered paper as the notebook to give it a coordinating look.

Do you like the Painted Blooms paper projects?  What would you make using them?











No comments:

Post a Comment