Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A Special Baby Quilt

This is a baby quilt that my daughter started a few months ago for her baby.  She picked out the fabrics from my sewing room stash and sewed charm squares together to make a pretty quilt.  Because she doesn't have a sewing machine at home, she worked on it when she came over to visit.

I helped her cut out the squares and she sewed them together into rows.  She picked out pretty pinks, some old and some new fabrics and some soft teals along with some teal-colored minky fabric.  I like how the colors all blend well together.  

Once the squares were all sewn together, she never got a chance to come and finish it.  So I found a pretty bright pink for the border and finished up the quilt to give to her at the baby shower that I had for her at my house.  I put soft pink minky fabric on the back with no batting in between the layers and quilted it along the edge of each of the rows.  This blankie is SO soft and warm.  I just know the baby will love cuddling up in it.

The special part about this quilt is that we both worked on it together.  My daughter started it and I finished it up for her.  My daughter is not much of a quilter, and that is what makes this little baby quilt so special.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment