Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Sewing at the Campground!

One of the goals that I've had for the past few years is to do some sewing while I'm camping in my RV.  Last summer I finally got to make it happen!  

I camped in my retro RV at a campground in Lake George along the Schroon River not too far from where I live.  Most of the places that I camp are state parks and don't have electricity, but this campground did and my friends and I camped there last fall.  

While I was there I cut out some squares and made this cute little tree wall hanging.  It's a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop and I've wanted to make this for a while.  

This is my friend, Tracy who made a patriotic quilt for her mom.  

And Carol, who is finishing up a hand-pieced hexagon quilt that she has been making since I've known her.  Lol

Here is our set-up for sewing.  We sat right along the edge of the river working on our sewing projects.

In this photo, you can see that we are watching a Hallmark movie while we are sewing.  Having electricity while camping sure does make me spoiled!

Here is a photo of the finished project. I used Fig Tree fabrics for my project and love how they coordinated so well.  It was a fun and easy project to make.  Hint: there are more of these to come!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment