Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Birthday Thanks to My Friends

This year I celebrated one of my milestone birthdays at an outing with some of my friends.  We gathered together for the day and went to Olana, a historical home in Hudson set up on a hill along the river.  We toured the home and grounds and had great day together.  If you live near the Hudson River valley and haven't been there yet, you're in for a treat.  We had a great time!

For the Thank You cards, I took out an old set and mixed it with some new things.  I've been a SU demonstrator for 18 years and I have a LOT of stamp sets.  Bur surprisingly, I don't have a lot with women as friends in them.  

I paired this old stamp with some new Hand Penned papers and added the saying, "Life is better with a friend like you."  Seriously, I love how they came out.  

When I made the cards, I only had some scraps of the Hand Penned designer paper leftover from my class.  So I had to use a secondary color scheme to make all of the my cards with.  This time I added some Peach Parfait cardstock instead of Fresh Freesia to complete the cards.  I used the Hand Penned cards and envelopes for the base of the cards.  

I loved using this old set and making it into something "modern."  

Here I am with some of my friends along one of the the trails at Olana.  What a perfect day to celebrate my birthday!


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment